Posted on :
3 Jun, 2016
3 Jun, 2016
Central University invites applications from suitably qualified and competent professionals to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Marketing/Fundraising Officer.
Reporting to the Registrar, the Marketing and Fundraising Officer, on the grade of Assistant Registrar will perform the following functions:
• Build network of internal and external support systems and agencies to raise funds to support the University’s growth priorities
• Continuously develop proposals and alternative financing options to raise on-shore and offshore funds for the University
• Design programme activities and events to raise funds for the University
• Design, prepare and re-examine promotional materials to solicit external support and funding
• Conduct systematic market intelligence and undertake market research, report findings to management and assist in the preparation of marketing budget
• Take a lead role in developing and implementing the University’s marketing and student recruitment strategy to support the University’s overall strategic objectives with emphasis on developing the use of web, e-marketing and new media aligned with the University’s marketing and web strategies.
• Assist in the development of a marketing plan and implementation of marketing strategies of the University.
• Develop a network of relevant marketing contacts, within and outside the university and use this network intelligence to inform the revision and development of new portfolios of programme
• Manage the development and market analysis/testing of promotional materials for publication via print, web, new media by liaising with management, departments, faculties and relevant colleagues in the University.
• Co-ordinate the University’s annual entries for the University undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses.
• Attend Undergraduate and Postgraduate Committees where appropriate.
• Service relevant committees, sub-committees and ad hoc working groups with information as determined from time to time.
• Liaise with the directorates, faculties and departments in relations to other external related engagements
• Work with colleagues in the University to provide effective, efficient and friendly support service to constituents in the University community, including suggesting ways in which this service might be enhanced or improved.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must possess:
• Relevant Masters Degree (MBA or MPHIL in Marketing)
• A recognised professional marketing qualification (CIM UK or Ghana).
• A minimum of five years post qualification experience in a reputable institution
• Experience of fund raising, social marketing, donor cultivation, etc would be a distinct
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Leadership abilities
• Strategic thinking: Experience in developing marketing strategies
• Decisive: Capable of delivering quick solutions to the marketing challenges
• Strong selling, project management, training and facilitation skills
• Excellent analytical market research skills
• Sound expertise in the development of marketing products and processes
• Excellent presentation/facilitation skills
• Effective listener
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related working experience should submit
• Employment forms (can be obtained either by downloading fromwww.central.edu.gh or from the Office of the Director Human,
Resource Directorate, Miotso Campus or Call 0303 951478 / 0302935687 or 0289546164 for further enquiries;
• Application letter;
• Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three (3) referees;
• A 2-page statement indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues to ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission to:
THE DIRECTOR (HRM)
P.O. BOX 2305
Interested persons can submit soft copies of their CV and other relevant documents to:
Closing Date: 21 June, 2016
(Only short listed applicants will be contacted).