The Minerals Commission is a government agency established under Article 269 of the 1992 Constitution and the Minerals Commission Act 1993 (Act 450). The Minerals Commission as the main promotional and regulatory body for the minerals sector in Ghana is responsible for �the regulation and management of the utilization of the mineral resources of Ghana and the coordination and implementation of policies relating to mining. It also ensures compliance with Ghana’s Mining and Mineral Laws and Regulation through effective monitoring.
In the unpredictable and constantly changing world of mining, where long term, risky mining investment is becoming more and more rare and therefore mining investors are demanding greater security and return on their investments, while Governments are seeking increased revenues from investors, local communities are demanding more “social responsibility” from mining investors, and we all desire to have growth and development as well as a natural environment that is as pleasant as possible.
Job Title: Principal Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Responsible for effective monitoring and evaluation of plans and programmes of operations of the mineral and mining industry
- Monitor the activities of the operators in the minerals and mining industry and discuss issues of concern with the superiors tor redress
- Review operations of exploration and or mining companies in the performance of their duties as required by law.
- Review environmental reports and make appropriate recommendation.
- Assists in addressing community issues relating to mining
- Prepare and submit monitoring and evaluation reports
- Assist in developing and implementing systems for monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in developing, capturing of data and ensuring up-to-date population of database for monitoring and evaluation indicators.
- Ensure that all members of staff who report to him/her directly perform their duties as enshrined in their job descriptions.
- Assist the Head of Department in making recommendations for the acquisition, sale- guarding assets of the Department as well as ensuring that proper documentation for all the assets are kept.
- Assist the Manager to ensure that the Department functions in accordance with the law and regulations and achieving its deliverables
- Ensure that reports, documents and other correspondences meet quality standards and are submitted timeously
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager of the Department or the Director of the Division
- Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Chamber of Mines
- National Association of Small Scale Miners
- Forestry Commission
- Water Resources Commission
- Ghana Geological Survey Authority
Required Skills or Experience
- Candidates for the post of Principal Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation must possess a second degree in Geology or Mineral Exploration from a recognized university Preference shall be given to candidates with vast experience in mining operations particularly in the area of monitoring & evaluation of mining related projects.
- Must possess at least 6 years second degree post qualification professional experience in the minerals and mining industry.
Skills/Competencies For The Principal Monitoring And Evaluation Officer Position:
- Very good interpersonal relationship and effective in dealing with people and colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Team player
- Demonstrable leadership ability
- Computer literacy skills
- Willingness to travel at short notice
- Strong analytical skills
- High integrity and confidentiality
- Must be self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Must be fair and firm
How to Apply
Applications with copies of relevant educational certificates and references of experience should be addressed to
The Chief Executive Officer
No 12 Switchback Road
Residential Area Cantonments
P.O. Box M 248 Accra
Closing Date for receipt of Applications of vacancies is 13th Sept 2016
Senior Monitoring And Evaluation Officer
Principal Policy And Planning Officer
Senior Policy And Planning Officer