Posted on :
16 Sep, 2016
16 Sep, 2016
Kinross is a Canadian-based Gold Mining Company with its Head Office in Toronto, and has mines and projects in the United States, Canada, Russia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Ghana and Mauritania, and employs approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core values are putting people first, outstanding corporate citizenship, high performance culture and rigorous financial discipline.
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor – UG
Purpose of Role
• To ensure the efficient supervision and control of Underground Mechanical Maintenance by allocating and managing resources (people and equipment) to attain production and engineering objectives and also ensure compliance of the Kinross Corporate Safety Guidelines and the Mines Safety Management System.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness and ensure relevant Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations are fully complied with at the work place.
• Coordinate with the planning section to set and review required maintenance/repair plans, maintenance schedules and strategies.
• Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program
• Supervise a team of Underground Maintenance Technicians, Welders, Tire Technicians, Tools Storemen, Bit Sharpeners and Auto Electricians.
• Perform periodical and scheduled inspection programs to maintain the company’s Underground assets and infrastructure according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards and keep them in good conditions.
• Execute the planned jobs according to priorities and the availability of equipment and in accordance with Kinross / CGML work management practices.
• Respond to breakdown calls in a timely and safe manner.
• Provide leadership and coordination in the planning, implementation, and improvement of the maintenance management process.
• Report difficulties faced in shift, deficiencies in staff performance and propose necessary suggestions to overcome them and improve staff skills.
• Assist in training new employees by providing instruction on procedures; familiarize new employees with operations and review work assignments in order to orient employee and optimize performance and for succession planning purposes.
• Diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
• Efficiently perform preventive, breakdown, project, refurbishment repairs and assign maintenance staff according to work requirements and priorities.
• Ensure smooth job handover to the next shift, with required documentation and JDE entries in place
• Open, review and close Work Orders in JD Edwards, prepare Purchase Requisitions and estimates.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis of failures
• Ensure that sub-contractors work in accordance with the contractual obligations with the mother company.
• Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the Company’s policies.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have a Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
• Must have a minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in mobile maintenance field.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
• Ability to prepare estimates, tender document specifications for any mechanical works and analyze offers to recommend the best
• Must be a computer literate – MS Office Suite.
• Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
• Good written and oral communication and report writing skills.
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants with the requisite qualifications should send their CVs and copies of relevant certificates to the address below not later than 24th September, 2016:
The Human Resource Manager
Chirano Gold Mines Limited
P. O. Box 57
Please indicate ONLY the position in the subject area when applying online.
Closing Date: 24 September, 2016
Apply For More Jobs Below