Posted on :
2 Sep, 2016
2 Sep, 2016
Winrock International (WI) is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is currently recruiting for the position of full-time Senior Operations & Human Resources (HR) Manager in its Tamale project office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscape approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana’s natural resources.
Job Title: Senior Operations & Human Resources Manager
• The Senior Operations & HR Manager works to support the Chief of Party by directly managing staff and daily office operations. This position provides operational leadership and oversight, including ensuring that all operations strictly comply to USAID rules and regulations and meet USAID standards. The position also oversees and manages procurement and HR policies and procedures for the AgNRM project. The Senior Operations & HR Manager works to implement and improve processes and policies for the AgNRM project with particular focus on procurement, HR, staff training and daily office operations; including front office and travel coordination.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage daily office operations, and participate in long-term organizational planning;
• Develop and implement the HR Policy including staff salary negotiation and fixation, contracts administration, staff performance evaluations, extension of contracts, insurance coverage, and travel;
• Manage promotions and/or advise on disciplinary actions, and advise management team on compliance with local labor laws and regulations;
• Assess budget expenditures against activities;
• Oversee staff training and development;
• Oversee all procurements and subawards/contracts, including preparation of bid documents, bid invitations, evaluations, recommendations, approvals, placement of orders, and vendor bills. This includes obtaining USAID’s approval as required for the non-restricted or restricted items;
• Oversight of associated staff and their work flows, including: Procurement Officer, Administrative Assistant and other administrative and support staff;
• Monitor partner and staff activities; including all aspects of sub awards and grants;
• Coordinate with WI’s partner organizations on matters relating to determining equipment needs and their procurements;
• Submit and contribute to periodic reports, including annual procurement plans;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum degree in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Management, Bachelor of Arts (BA) or related degree.
• Minimum eight years of professional experience in human resources in a progressively increased managerial role.
• Previous experience with implementation of donor-funded projects. Experience with USAID projects required.
• Experience working with local and international NGOs in Northern Ghana is a plus.
• Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply For The Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected] ,indicating “Senior Operations & HR Manager” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 15 September, 2016
Qualified applicants will be invited for an in person interview
More Jobs At Winrock Below