Posted on :
5 Jul, 2016
5 Jul, 2016
57 AGENCY is recruiting for the following positions:
Job Title: Conference Interpreters (French A/English B or C)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director Conference and Protocol, the Interpreter will be responsible for the following duties:
• Services all meetings as assigned by Language Coordinator and Management; Provides interpretation in relevant language combination, (simultaneous, consecutive, whispering, liaison) of speeches or statements;
• Routinely assigned to sensitive meetings;
• May be required to function as language team leader when assigned to a given meeting;
• Assists the Head of Language Division, as appropriate, in the screening, training and examining of prospective interpreters for the West African sub-region ;
• Participates in establishment of terminology database, glossaries, etc.
• Translates minutes of meetings
• May perform other related duties as required.
Technical Expertise and Professionalism
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of concentration;
• Split-second accuracy;
• Ability to work under continuous stress and deliver clear interpretation on an exceedingly broad range of subjects;
• Understands how to prepare meetings and work with meeting documents.
• Understands how to ‘weigh’ interpretation teams;
• Shows pride in work and achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, confidentiality and achieving results;
• Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
• shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
• remains calm in stressful situations and ability to travel at short notice.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
• Demonstrates booth manners and upholds team coherence;
• Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
• Is willing to learn from others;
• Places team agenda before personal agenda.
• Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
• Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/profession;
• Actively seeks to develop oneself professionally and personally;
• Contributes to the learning of colleagues and subordinates;
• Shows willingness to learn from others.
• Seeks feedback to learn and improve.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Conference Interpretation
• At least 2 years of professional interpreting experience;
• Experience with international organizations would be an advantage.
Candidates must not be over fifty (50) years of age at the point of recruitment.
• French A/English B or C
Location: Accra, Ghana
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
Closing Date: 13 July, 2016
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
• Applicants may also call +233506010969 for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT).