Posted on :
15 Sep, 2016
15 Sep, 2016
Ghana Innovating is a USAID funded project designed to support the current portfolio of literacy projects in Ghana by promoting a culture of home-based reading, grounded in local language. It will augment current classroom-level interventions by promoting reading in the community and the home by using a SBCC strategy to initiate a social movement in reading at national, regional, local and family levels. The project seeks qualified professionals to fill the following listed vacancy
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Summary of Responsibilities
• To ensure sound fiscal management systems comply with donor rules and regulations.
• The accountant will perform a full range of financial management duties, including records management.
• This position reports to Finance Manager
• The Accountant will provide support and backstopping to the Finance Analyst in all aspects.
• The Accountant manages all accounts and completes all routine accounting functions including monitoring of contractual financial data in order to ensure compliance with the approved budgets.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a minimum of 3 years of experience
• Experience in bookkeeping and accounting practices (experience with USAID projects preferable)
• Experience administering payroll and related income tax withholdings and benefits
• Excellent organizational skills and experience maintaining financial filing systems and reporting documents
• Experience producing financial reports for internal and external purposes
• Experience working with accounting software such as QuickBooks or equivalent
• Experience procuring goods and services and providing additional operational support
How To Apply For The Job
Please submit CV and a cover letter to:
Closing Date: 25 September, 2016
Apply For More Jobs Below