Posted on :
4 Aug, 2016
4 Aug, 2016
Human resources are the people who make up the workforce of an organization, business sector, or economy. “Human capital” is sometimes used synonymously with “human resources”, although human capital typically refers to a more narrow view (i.e., the knowledge the individuals embody and economic growth). Likewise, other terms sometimes used include manpower, talent, labour, personnel, or simply people.
A human resources department (HR department) of a company performs human resource management, overseeing various aspects of employment, such as compliance with labour law and employment standards, administration of employee benefits, and some aspects of recruitment and dismissal.
A fast growing savings & loans institution requires an experienced and suitably qualified Ghanaian for the position of
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
• To provide leadership for the smooth running of the Human Resources Department, developing and implementing leading edge HR practices that enable staff to realize their full potentials resulting in year-on-year increase in productivity and profitability.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Establishing and communicating clear targets/performance expectations to staff refine measurement of ROI (return on investment) in Human Capital and align measurement with reward and recognition programs
• Providing HR support to functional heads in optimizing the use of existing human and other resources to achieve current business agenda.
• Responsible for the review, updating and implementation of the HR policy
• Taking charge of staff training and career development in the institution
• Handling recruitment, induction and placement functions, staff grievances and discipline
• Managing industrial relations issues for functional areas in line with company strategy and in accordance with current legislation as well as facilitating employee counseling and assistance programs
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Master Degree in Human Resources or Social Sciences with at least 6 year relevant experience in a similar position
• Must have proven track record of people and office management
• Must have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
• Must have initiative with strong organization skills, with ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must have excellent skills in business planning, information management, change management and an appreciable ability to provide banking/financial support.
How to Apply For the Job
Qualified and interested applicants should send their application letters and CVs to:
Or mail to:
Closing Date: 18 August, 2016