Posted on :
14 Sep, 2016
14 Sep, 2016
Management in businesses and other organizations, including not-for-profit organizations and government bodies, refers to the individuals who set the strategy of the organization and coordinate the efforts of employees (or volunteers, in the case of some voluntary organizations) to accomplish objectives by using available human, financial and other resources efficiently and effectively. Resourcing encompasses the deployment and manipulation of human resources, financial resources, technological resources, natural resources and other resources.
Management is also an academic discipline, a social science whose objective is to study social organization and organizational leadership. Management is studied at colleges and universities; some important degrees in management are the Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) and Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) and, for the public sector, the Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree. Individuals who aim at becoming management researchers or professors may complete the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) or the PhD in business administration or management.
A fast growing firm seeks to employ young and energetic persons to fill its vacant positions in its Accra office as well as its operational site in Tongo, near Bolgatanga in the Upper East Region of Ghana.
Job Title: Accounts Manager
We are looking for a reliable Accounts Manager to perform, supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities.
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
• Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports
• Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
• Process month and end year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc.
• Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Coordinate and complete annual audits
• Provide recommendations
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
• Meet financial accounting objectives
• Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. degree in Accounting or Finance. Note. a member or holder of CA or ICCA part I and II will be a plus)
• Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, at least 4 to 7 years working experience
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
• Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to direct and supervise
• Ability to prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports
How To Apply For The Job
Send CV and Application letter to:
or through post to the:
P.O Box CT 5860,
Closing Date: 12 October, 2016