Posted on :
11 Nov, 2016
11 Nov, 2016
Accra Polytechnic, the Premier Polytechnic in Ghana was established in 1949. It was firstly known as Accra Technical School. Later became known as Accra Technical Institute in 1957. In 1963, the institute was named Accra Polytechnic by the orders of Ghana’s First President, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. Accra Polytechnic by the mandate of the Polytechnic Law of 1992 (PNDCL.321), was elevated to a tertiary status in 1993 to offer Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate programmes.
Its elevation was aimed at enhancing tertiary institution through excellence, professionalism and diversity in its programmes. The institution produces all-round, innovative, and disciplined graduates who continually contribute immensely towards the manpower needed in Ghana’s industries.
Notwithstanding some teething problems, Accra Polytechnic has made tremendous progress through the review and expansion of curricula to suit contemporary needs. Courses offered are: Interior Architecture & Furnishing, Secretaryship and Management Studies, Bilingual Secretaryship and Management Studies, Accountancy, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply, Hotel Catering and Institutional Management, Fashion Design and Textiles, Mathematics and Statistics, and Science Laboratory Technology. The technology courses offered by the Polytechnic were maintained.
Job Title: Legal Officer (Assistant Registrar)
• Ensuring that the interest of the University is always legally protected;
• Offering legal advice to the Polytechnic;
• Responsible for the drafting and vetting of agreements and ensuring that Management is given the appropriate advice on contracts;
• Representing the Polytechnic at the law courts and any legal authority; and
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have Barrister-at-Law (BL) or LL.B from a recognized institution
• Must be a practicing Lawyer
• Must be computer Literate
How To Apply For The Job
Interested qualified applicants may apply, providing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of their relevant certificates to:
ACCRA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
P.O.BOX 561 ACCRA
Closing Date: 24 November, 2016