Posted on :
20 May, 2016
20 May, 2016
The name ACDI / VOCA dates back to the 1997 merger of Agricultural Cooperative Development International and Volunteers in Overseas Cooperative Assistance. Both were nonprofit international economic development organizations founded by the U.S. cooperative community.
The merger achieved new economies of scale and blended the complementary strengths of ACDI’s long-term development approaches and VOCA’s people-to-people volunteer activities. Today we dispense with the long version of our name and use only the acronym (pronounced A-C-D-I-Vōca).
Job status: Full-Time
Education: Masters Degree
Experience: 10 years
Job expires: 24 May-2016
Employs the appropriate technical strategies and methodologies to achieve maximum-agronomic benefit toward short and long term project goal. This includes but not limited to:
• Technically leads a team of 20 regional agriculture production officers on the 5 regions of operation of the project target
• Provides, with a team of 20 agronomist, technical assistance and training in GAPS,PHH, inputs and equipment for farm business and farmer organizations and other value chain actors including ,but not limited to processors ,aggregates and buyers in the advance agricultural value chains
• With fellow member of his technical team to defined specific strategy for enhancing the production and profitability of the target commodity.
• Within the overall value chain (VC) strategy of ADVANCE, a specific strategy for enhancing the VC competitiveness of the inputs and equipment sector
• Monitors closely the performance of all assigned actors and documents all changes (both qualitatively and quantitatively) in line with the program’s M&E framework and guidelines for tracking the transformation process and ensures that all such data into the MIS system.
• Processes technical information gathered from established demons, to report to M&E, sponsors and other stakeholders to guarantee protocols are followed to achieve potential yields under registered conditions
• Identifies STTA needs in the sector and assists in the process (needs identification, SOW,requests) and reviews their reports and other deliverables
• With the Grants team and other technical staff, utilizes the project grants program through appropriate grant concepts and implementation
• Familiarizes him/her with the ADVANCE gender mainstreaming plan and environmental management plan to ensure they are incorporated into their daily operations
• Works closely with the Regional Coordinator program activities, effectively utilize project equipment and resources, and to communicate well with multi-program actors on common message and united assistance.
• Contributes to the preparation and drafting of the program technical progress and activities to the quarterly and annual work plan process
• Actively engage in collaborating with program stakeholders including trade associations, NGOs, government agencies, universities, research agencies, value chain actors, other donor programs, and strategic partners.
• Perform any other duties as may be required by the Technical Director.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree (M.Sc. crop science), agribusiness development and related field, desirable
• At least 10 years of post-qualification working experience, involving close work with smallholder farmers/FBOs or set-ups in rural communities
• A good working knowledge of maize, rice soy beans.
• Must at least have an advanced knowledge and work experience in one of these crop
• Proficiency in computer use, especially MS. Word, MS. excels and power point
• Excellent critical thinking skills and judgement .proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions. Ability to define problems, collect and analyse data establishes fact and draw valid conclusion
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively, both independently and a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities and deadline pressures
• Ability and willingness to travel with working area and country
How To Apply For The Job
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume/CV to:
Please include the title of the job for which you are applying in the subject line.
Closing Date: 24 May, 2016