Posted on :
16 Jun, 2016
16 Jun, 2016
We are currently seeking applications from suitable candidates for a multi-year USAID-funded project for the following position:
Job Title: ICT & Outreach Specialist
• Identifies and maintains an understanding of the various value chain participants and their inter-relationships and assess and provides trend information on contacts and information flows between the various actors based on frequency, duration and conduct.
• Designs interventions that increase the flow and effectiveness (leading to behaviour change) of information based on ongoing assessments
• Supports and participates in the knowledge management work regarding ICT
• Tracks and analyzes project indicators and other useful statistics and prepare quality and timely reports using the recommended formats and communication channels
• Monitors closely the performance of the technical team in regards to ICT outreach and documents all changes (both qualitatively and quantitatively) in line with the program’s M&E framework and guidelines for tracking the transformation is shared within the program
• Identifies Short Term Technical Assistance needs in the ICT Outreach sector and assists in the process and reviews their reports and other deliverables
• With the grants team, utilises the project grants program through appropriate grant concepts and implementation
• Guides the ICT Outreach program through the ADVANCE II gender mainstreaming plan and environmental management plan and environmental management plan to ensure they are incorporated into daily operations.
• Contributes to the preparation and drafting of the ICT Outreach sector components of the quarterly and annual reports and any other project publications as required
• Formulate the annual implementation plan for the ICT Outreach program, lead in its implementation and use it to monitor and report on results.
• Actively engage in collaborating with program stakeholders as they relate to the ICT Outreach program including trade associations, NGOs, government agencies, universities, research agencies, value chain actors, other donor programs and strategic partners.
Qualification Required & Experience
• You possess an advanced degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
• Experience working on agricultural projects funded by donors, particularly USAID will be an added advantage
• Analytical, and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel and other relevant computer applications
• Ability to work with minimal guidance and manage priorities and work flow
• Versatility, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
• Relationship-building skills and demonstrable ability to work in a team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
How To Apply For The Job
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume CV to:-
Note: When submitting your application, start the subject line with the position title and location:
Closing Date: 22 June, 2016