Posted on :
4 May, 2017
4 May, 2017
ACDI/VOCA is an economic development organization that fosters broad-based economic growth, raises living standards, and creates vibrant communities. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA has worked in 146 countries since 1963. Its expertise is in catalyzing investment, climate-smart agriculture, empowerment & resilience, institutional strengthening, and market systems.
Job Title: Agriculture Production Officer
We are currently seeking an Agriculture Production Officer to be based in the WA Office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Employing the appropriate technical strategies and methodologies to achieve maximum agronomic benefits toward short and long term project goals
• Identifying specific supply chain opportunities within his/her area of operation documents their status and intervention needs and adopts the most appropriate measure to make them effective and efficient
• Monitoring closely the performance of assigned actors and documents all changes (both qualitatively and quantitatively) in line with the program’s M&E framework and guidelines for tracking the transformation process and ensures that all such data and information is shared within the program
• Familiarizing him/herself with the gender mainstreaming plan and environmental management plan to ensure they are incorporated into their daily operations
• Working closely with the Regional coordinators and other regional staff to coordinate program activities, effectively utilize project equipment and resources and to communicate well with multi-program actors on common message and united assistance
• Contributing to the preparation and drafting of the annual reports and any other project publications as required
• Actively engaging in collaborating with program stakeholders including trade associations, NGOs, government agencies, universities, research agencies, value chain actors, other donor programs and strategic partners.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture or a related field from a recognized university. Master’s Degree in agribusiness development or related field, desirable.
• At least 5 years of post-qualification working experience, involving close work with smallholder farmers in rural communities. A good working knowledge of maize, rice, and soybean
• Proficiency in computer use, especially MS, Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent critical thinking skills and judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions. Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities and deadline pressures
• Ability and willingness to travel routinely within working area and country
Location: Upper West Region
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit a signed cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Note: When submitting your application, start the subject line with position title.
Closing Date: 08 May 2017