Posted on :
16 Aug, 2012
16 Aug, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading manufacturing company to recruit a Management Accountant for one of its operation in Ghana.
To provide meaningful and accurate financial data for management decision making process in the cluster and ensuring group reporting.
To manage and co-ordinate the activities of the Accounting Department.
Ensuring all Group Reports are done on time, external laws and regulations are adhered to and that the accounting ledgers are efficient and accurate.
Report to Finance Manager
This position is based in Ghana.
• Prompt reports of monthly financial and Management Reports.
• To ensure that the Management accounts are prepared monthly and in line with Company policy.
• To ensure general integrity of accounts by making sure all posting are made in the right codes and ledgers are correctly posted in SAP.
• Design, develop and maintain procedures for spend report and ensuring expense is within budget and variance explained.
• Create and monitor key performance indicators for the department and ensuring these are cascaded up and down the Management line and also to other key departments.
• Interface with the Procurement process and ensure that the order to invoice payment cycle contains sufficient controls, whilst remaining as efficient and rapid as possible.
• Prepare Budgets and forecast for the team and Non Brand support expenditure.
• To ensure full compliance with Ghanaian laws and regulations on receipts and payments.
• Deal with customs and excise over issues regarding the importation of foreign goods.
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of physical and system stock as well as the accuracy of the stock valuation in SAP.
• Manage the Capital Expenditure process and fixed asset ledger ensuring that all purchases are correctly authorized and tracked.
• Ensure that project expenditure is captured correctly in the Construction Account and accurately reconciled back to the project listing (spreadsheet).
• Liaise with the Head of Finance to ensure that invoice payment and receipt matches with the Company’s cash flow requirements, and be prepared to make adjustments accordingly.
• Ensure all tax obligations are met and liaise with the company’s tax consultant in dealing with any tax issues.
• Prepare month end, quarterly and annual management forecast reporting on volumes, gross margin and brand portfolio profitability on a timely basis.
• Billing of sales invoices to ensure accurate valuation of stocks sent to distributors and correct valuation of turnover in SAP.
• Oversee the Treasury Function
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Should have B.Sc or M.Sc in a Business related course and or chartered accountant
• A minimum of 4 years post qualification hands-on relevant working experience.
• Should be analytical, be able to motivate a small team to meet stretching targets and have a proven track record in financial control.
• Should have a working knowledge in VAT, withholding tax systems and cash management.
• Accurate and timely group reports in Hyperion Financial Management ( HFM)
• Good organizational skills, communication skills, analytical, vigilant and trustworthy.
• Must posses first-hand experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting
• Must have experience and understanding of corporate accounts and finance
• Team oriented and outgoing
WHAT IS ON OFFER
Send your cvs to [email protected]