Posted on :
4 Jun, 2012
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by an international FMCG Group to recruit a Project Engineer for its operations in Ghana.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for preparing and supervising selected local projects (Electrical, Mechanical). He/She will be responsible for maintenance of civil installations (buildings, roads, HVAC, kitchen). The Project Engineer will report to the Technical Manager.
The position is based in Accra, Ghana
The responsibilities for this office shall include but is not limited to the following:
• Supervise works performed mainly by contractors (permanent contractors and contractors hired for specific job) with special attention to be paid to Environment, Health and Safety and Food Safety
• Specify and describe local projects in conjunction with “project owner”.
Prepare bidding documents as well as evaluate quotations and advise management
• Select contractors for projects and for selected maintenance jobs
• Ensure materials will be timely ordered and available for the project.
• Supervise during all works by focusing on execution according to the company’s standards including EHS and Food Safety standards
• Liaise with other departments within organization in order to obtain technically correct information for projects.
• Liaise with Engineering Department in Netherlands.
• Liaise with EHS coordinator in order to have jobs performed according to the company’s EHS standards.
• Organize and implement maintenance schedule of civil structures (buildings, roofs, doors) and related installations (HVAC, water, toilets, and washrooms) and infrastructure as roads, perimeter wall, drains.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, electrical, or other relevant engineering field.
• Proven experience in maintenance of civil installations and related equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise local contractors.
• Experience in using computerized maintenance programs
• Strong skills on human relations
• Experienced in Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Project, Maximo, Autocad)
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems by using formal techniques to evaluate systems, equipment and failures.
• Excellent Communication skills both (oral and written)
Kindly send us your Word CV at [email protected]