KenKhanya, an exciting U.S. and Ghana-based social enterprise whose vision is to transform education through teaching and learning by delivering comprehensive educational contents, reading materials and educational tools through series of innovative and technology mechanisms is looking for an Admin/Project Assistant.
The Admin/Project Assistant will be responsible for providing overall admin and operational support to management. The primary duties are assisting management to interface with publishers and content providers to collect contents that could be used in KenKhanya program and following-up on publishers agreements. The Admin/Operations Assistant will also work with management on other IT related projects and assignments.
The Admin/Project Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
Interfacing with Publishers, Content Providers, Authors and Writers
- Set up appointments and organize meetings with Publishers, Authors, Writers and other content providers to present KK program so they can sign up to KK initiative
- Follow-up on publishers and content providers about agreements and to ensure timely signing and delivery of the agreement
- Collect text books, story books and other educational contents from Publishers
- Assist in identifying other potential local publishers, content providers, authors, writers and illustrators that can partner with KenKhanya
- Work on organizing educational contents receieved from publishers
- Assist in developing presentation and business proposals
- Visit schools, companies and organizations to demo KK products and services
Other ICT related Projects
- Assist in identifying the following stakeholders for ICT training and accreditations.
- Public and Private Schools serving their existing students and the local community to deliver ICT skills development and training required
- Commercial Training Organizations serving the corporate/workforce market
- Public and Private Colleges, Universities and Vocational Institutions serving third level students and adult learners
- Government Institutions serving state employees (e.g. Teacher Training Academy, Civil Service Institute, Police Academy, Military Training Facilities etc.)
- NGOs and international institutions engaged in development projects with specific regions or groups
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualifications and traits:
- West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), HND, Diploma or with minimum of 2 years of professional experience in relevant discipline
- Result-oriented, aggressive, competitive and relentless focus on success and will do whatever it takes to get things done.
- Self-starter and pro-active who takes initiative and doesn’t have to wait until being told to do things
- Strong sense of purpose with the mindset of changing the status quo, even though he/she may encounter some obstacles
- Can work under intense pressure; tight deadline and in ambiguity situation
- Pays attention to details, strong written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills and good rapport
- Has high integrity; honest, trust worthy and reliable
- Excellent organization skills, good at multi-tasking and ability to adapt to new environment quickly
- Strong Background in presenting to large groups of people
- Experience contacting organizations, companies and so on to discuss new business partnerships and initiatives
- Has business minded-oriented attitude and demeanor
Technology and communication skills
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Suites (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and productivity/communication tools such as Skype, Dropbox, Google Docs and email.
- Structured and organized thinker with great verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent spoken English
How to Apply
To apply – please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like to become KenKhanya Admin/Project Assistant.
Email application with the subject “Admin/Project Assistant Ghana” to [email protected] by April 30th.
- Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.