AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
Job Title: Secretary to the Executive Team
The executive assistant facilitates the operations of the programme through clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files and coordinating the operations of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arranging conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel .
- Completing forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Recording, composing, typing and distributing meeting notes.
- Compiling and making edits to correspondence and reports originated by others.
- Greeting visitors and callers, handling their inquiries and directing them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Coordinating the work flow for incoming correspondence requiring replies. This includes opening, reading, routing, and distributing incoming mail and other material, and preparing answers to routine letters.
- Maintaining programme scheduling and event calendars.
- Making copies of correspondence and other printed material and directing the reproduction of reports and large document sets.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Setting up and maintaining paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material in accordance with programme procedures.
- Take dictation in shorthand or by machine, and transcribe information.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations in accordance with programme procedures.
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Ordering and dispensing supplies.
- Reviewing work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Operating office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spread sheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working in an office environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as an executive assistant.
- Experience in the employ of a construction contractor is an advantage.
- Experience in the employ of a consulting engineering firm is an advantage
Specific skills required:
- Word processing
- Spread sheet Skills
- Document Management
- Time & Billing
- Calendar & Docketing
- Writing Skills
- Organization Skills
- Transcription Skills
- Multi-tasking Skills
- Research Skills
- Optimistic outlook
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-level company staff and board members
- Team working skills
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- Eligibility to work in Ghana due to nationality is a requirement.
- Secondary level certificate