Posted on :
16 Nov, 2016
16 Nov, 2016
The Administrative Assistant provides a full range of administrative support to the department, coordinate and monitor actions in support of department work activities ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
Basic Description of the Position
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative support including drafting, reviewing and dispatching of correspondence, reports, documents; independently draft and finalize correspondence of administrative nature such as Note Verbals, interim replies and presentations as guided by supervisor.
2. Develop and maintain the department’s database of projects and programs and to ensure coherence of programme work and activities. Remind Supervisor of deadlines and maintain a follow-up system.
3. Organize the travel arrangements for staff members and consultants of the department, including raising travel requests, visa applications, finalizing travel itineraries and hotel bookings etc; and following up and maintaining records on the submission of Statement of Expenses (SOEs).
4. Manage event calendars for the department and assist with planning and arranging logistics for meetings and workshop and process all necessary documentation.
5. Receive, screen and log all incoming and outgoing correspondence, search for information, update and maintain unit filing system (paper based, electronic and database of all records and files.).
6. Ensure that staff members in the department have required office supplies to perform their duties, and provide other duties as required.
7. Perform other duties assigned by the Manager and Officers of the department.
Selection will be on a competitive basis and the following qualifications, experience and competencies are required;
Education: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Social Sciences from an accredited institution. Secretarial training would be an added advantage.
Experience: At least five years’ of progressive and relevant administrative experience is required. Experience in usage of Microsoft office software packages and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
Very good knowledge of English and French (written and spoken).
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
How to Apply
Applications, quoting the reference “Administrative Assistant/21/16,” including curriculum vitae with three (3) referees should be received at the address below by 13 December 2016.
The Executive Secretary
The African Capacity Building Foundation
P.O. Box 1562