The African Development Bank is Africa’s premier development finance institution. Within the Bank, the Office of the Special Envoy on Gender forms part of reforms introduced to implement the Bank’s Long-Term Strategy 2013-22. The SEOG is instrumental in mobilizing internal and external parties towards the realization of the Bank’s ambition to bring about gender equality in the context of inclusive and green growth. The SEOG serves to coordinate all gender-related activities across the Bank, ensure that Bank policies and guidelines reflect the Bank’s commitment to mainstream gender across Bank operations, and facilitate the Bank’s transformation to a gender responsive and family-friendly institution.
The Executive Assistant provides secretarial and administrative support to the SEOG, ensuring the day to day functioning of her office, coordinating office management activities, and managing the office’s interface with organizational units and external parties. S/He will also coordinate the preparation of the work programme et budget of the Office and follow-up on implementation under the supervision of the Advisor to the SEOG.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general guidance of the Special Envoy on Gender (SEOG), the Executive Assistant will:
- Organize and manage the secretariat of the SEOG.
- Oversee the front office’s document processing, filing and tracking system.
- Manage and maintain SEOG’s diary and email account.
- Filter and direct incoming visitors, correspondence, emails and telephone calls, highlighting urgent and priority matters requiring the SEOG’s attention.
- Draft, type and dispatch memoranda, acknowledgement letters and responses to correspondence, and follow-up with relevant members of the SEOG’s Front Office team.
- Proofread routine documents prepared for the FVP’s attention and signature, in consultation with relevant members of the SEOG’s Front Office team.
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation follow-up of SEOG’s work plan and budget.
- Schedule meetings between SEOG and key stakeholders within and outside the Bank and compile relevant documentation and briefings.
- Compile engagements, invitations and other requests for weekly diary meetings.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements and produce a folder with diary and background documents.
- Ensure smooth relay between SEOG Office and other complexes, external partners and clients.
- Coordinate necessary arrangements for visiting delegations.
- Provide administration support to the SEOG and her Advisor, including preparation of administrative forms and processing of requests in SAP, processing consultants’ recruitment and payment.
- Supervise, train and support Front Office support staff.
This Position Does Not Attract International Terms and Conditions (The incumbent of the position will be considered as local staff and will therefore not have international status)
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree in business administration, human resources management, finance, economics or other relevant fields.
- Preferably a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience. Working experience in an Multi lateral Development Bank would be an asset.
- Excellent administrative and typing skills & IT literacy; ability to analyze, and prepare reports; ability to manage multiple tasks consecutively and established operational track record of excellence in achieving results.
- Ability to build partnerships and deliver results that meet the needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution.
- Ability to produce high quality work on a variety of issues within very short deadlines, to take prudent risks and make effective and timely decisions, under minimum supervision.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with proficiency in the other language.
- Strong customer service skills, good organizational and planning skills.
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels;
- Competence in the use of standard computer software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP).
- Ability to work under pressure and perform in a multicultural and complex environment.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here