Posted on :
12 Nov, 2013
The African Development Bank’s Field Office in Ghana (GHFO) was established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Republic of Ghana. This dialogue is expected to enhance and foster the design of the Bank’s development policies and programs. GHFO seeks to assist and facilitate the execution of the core operational functions of the Bank Group in identifying, preparing, appraising and implementing projects and programs in Ghana, and follow-up with a view to enhancing portfolio quality, promotion of participatory approaches, alignment with country and regional priorities and enhancing development impact.
Job Title: Driver (Field Office)
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of Driver, to be based in Accra, Ghana. This is a local position which does not attract international terms and conditions.
Only Ghanaian nationals or applicants who already have the right to live and work in Ghana will be considered for this position. The bank does not support applications for work permits and relocation.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Resident Representative and the Administrative Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
• The safe transport of the Resident Representative, Field staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Ghana and neighbouring countries, as and when required;
• Ensure routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office.
• Perform office messenger duties.
• Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Resident Representative and management.
Qualification Required & Experience
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
• Advanced level certificate of education (A ‘Level)
• Valid driver’s licence;
• Three (3) years of experience as a driver in similar organizations or enterprises;
• Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
• Very good command of written and spoken English.
• Competence in the use of standard Microsoft office suite e.g. Word and use of the internet.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified candidates should
Closing Date: 12 November, 2013
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply