This position is located in the Security Unit (SECU) but tenable in Tunis, Tunisia. Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Field Office Security Officer (CSO) who reports directly to the Head of the Security Unit, the Regional Security Officer (North Africa) will be responsible for protecting the Bank’s assets based on industry best practices and the Bank’s policies and guidance.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief, Field Office Security Officer (CSO), the duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage the Field Office security plan in coordination with Resident Representatives and Security Focal Points in the region of operation.
- Prepare, maintain and put into action the ADB’s operational and tactical risk assessment programme for all Field Offices in a specific region, through which he will identify and characterise threats, assess risks and design countermeasures to eliminate or reduce risks and propose cost effective solutions.
- Provide security advice for all assigned Field Offices in a specific region of Africa to the Chief, Field Office Security Officer in both pro-active and reactive manner.
- Prepare, for the approval of the Chief, Field Officer security Officer, all Field Office related security documentation such as risk assessments, security procedures, reports concerning threat levels, security events affecting the Bank at all regional locations.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the security authorities at regional locations, with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security, UNDSS, and also with similar organisations.
- Monitor and improve the physical security environment at the Field Offices in a specific region of Africa to support decentralisation.
- Conduct liaison with the contracted security companies in the assigned region.
Prepare and maintain crisis and emergency plans for all personnel in the assigned region, covering eventualities such as war, outbreak of disease, country evacuation, earthquake, floods, fire and temporary loss of asset access, and any other credible natural/manmade disaster or major accident.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
(including desirable skills, knowledge and experience)
- At least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in a security related field.
- At least five (5) years of relevant and pertinent experience in the security field.
- Extensive experience in the military, police or relevant field is required.
- High level degree of confidentiality and integrity; high level of interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Proven leadership and supervision of multi-cultural teams; ability to work in a stressful environment and able to deliver timely results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and /or French; with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze facts and implement concrete solutions.
- Excellent customer relations attitude and the ability to work in a team.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English/French with a working knowledge of the other language.
A full background investigation must be completed on the selected candidate
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here