Posted on :
12 Oct, 2016
12 Oct, 2016
African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Company’s in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausdrill Limited, a publicly listed Australian Company (ASX: ASL).
Job Title: HSE Superintendent (AMS SENEGAL)
• Providing support to all AMS employees. visitors and sub-contractors with regards to Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) in the workplace.
• Providing specialist advice on HSE to ensure compliance with legislative/client requirements.
• Providing Support, Training and mentoring for site personnel, including HSE subordinates and HSE representatives.
• Conducting, facilitating and participating in AMS and client investigations
• Developing reviewing HSE documentation and Training packages for relevance, suitability and applicability for the site operations.
• Risk management and development of plans to ensure that residual risk level is As Low As Reasonably Practical
• Conducting system and compliance Audits to measure performance against legislative, client and AMS standards.
• Preparing reports for submission on: Injury statistics, incident trends, Hazard reduction, action close out, audits and inspection findings etc.
• Conducting follow up on HSE related initiatives, actions, reports and investigations to confirm closure within the allocated time frames.
Salary will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Tertiary education qualification (Min Diploma) in a HSE or related discipline or recognised HSE qualification such as SAMTRAC, NEBOSH, MINSCOM Certification.
• Minimum of 3 years of working experience in safety role.
• Must possess a valid Driving licence for a light vehicle as well as ability to obtain a valid international licence.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
• Able to communicate in both English and French languages, read and write English a must, ability to read and write French is preferred
• Knowledge of and ability to implement the requirements of OSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001
• Excellent training and communication skills
• Good computer skills
• Must be fit and pass AMS medical
• Must have the ability to work in adverse conditions.
How to Apply For the Job
Respond with your application and current Curriculum Vitae to:
The Human Resources Manager
African Mining Services Ghana (AMSG)
Closing Date: 21 November, 2016
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONTACTED