An Agribusiness firm that is mainly into large scale food crop Production and marketing has added processing (value addition) to her core functions. The company is a quality driven supplier, providing raw maize, raw soya bean as well as processed maize and soya beans to the Ghanaian and West African market and beyond. As a result of the scale up and expansion in operations, vacancies exist for qualified individuals (team players) to assist in executing the agenda of the new direction of the organisation.
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer
- The Quality Assurance Officer/Laboratory Technician position is responsible for the following:
- Completion of analytical testing in support of the Companies food science/Grains Laboratory.
- The position will be responsible for Quality Control (QC)/Quality Assurance (QA) across all aspects of the processing plant.
- The position will be responsible for conducting analytical chemistry, moisture testing, vitamin and mineral content testing, protein testing and sample receiving and processing, including grading, milling, and other food based applications.
- The position will also be responsible for checking and monitoring all analytical instrumentation performance within the companies Laboratory.
- The successful candidate will as well be responsible for entering quality data into databases and communicating the quality results to other staff of the company and Grain Farmers of the company as required.
- Conduct hands-on laboratory testing in the areas of; experimental milling, analytical chemical, sensory characterization of maize, flour samples and finished products.
- Organize and manage technical projects along with generating their associated reports.
- Pursue and develop new methodologies and expertise to enhance cereal crop maize end-use understanding.
- Performance of calibration checks, preventative maintenance tasks, daily sanitation duties and simple repairs to analytical instrumentation.
- Monitor and order supplies for all analytical instrumentation located within the Laboratory.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in food science, Laboratory Technology, biology, chemistry, grain processing or a related discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous experience conducting technical analysis in a food or grain processing laboratory would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of basic sciences and analytical and testing techniques
- Ability to understand technical information and analyze information and data
- Knowledge of standardized laboratory practices and procedures, as well as cereal chemistry
- Candidates must be proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
- Age limit for all: 23-45 years.
How to Apply
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and CVs to: [email protected]
Closing Date for all Jobs is: 20/01/2017
Start Date for all Jobs: 1st March, 2017
Job Type: All jobs are full time.
Location/Duty Post: Tumu, Sissala East District, Upper West Region -Ghana.