Posted on :
24 Apr, 2017
24 Apr, 2017
Agro Lead Ghana in collaboration with Tama Solutions is commencing the implementation of Rice and Soya bean value chain project through farmer based organizations in Northern Ghana. The goal of the project is to improve Rice and Soya bean, production in a sustainable manner and to improve supply of agro inputs to over 1000 smallholder farmers in four districts (Karaga, Gushegu, East Gonja and Kumbungu).
Job Title: Accountant
The project tackles directly four key areas of improving food security and sustainable economic growth for small-holder farmers: improving production; better marketing of products; expansion of household activities into off-season businesses; and access to inputs support. In light of this, the organization is currently seeking an Accountant for the five year project. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Ensure all expenses/financial transactions are properly coded in the financial system according to chart of accounts
• Prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports to finance the project
• Prepare financial information for the quarterly and annual reports as required
• Monitors budget and tracks all expenses and disbursements against the budget
• Provide analysis of spending as required
• Ensure the project meets its legally required reporting, tax, social security, and other financial obligations
• Perform general banking duties including deposits, transfers, and cashing checks
• Ensure financial files are audit ready
• Coordinate financial operations with partners involve in the project.
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND/Diploma in accounting from an accredited institution or recognized professional qualification.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in financial management.
• Experience with project procedures, policies and compliance requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, QuickBooks and other relevant computer applications
• Ability to work with minimal guidance/supervision and manage priorities and work flow
• Versatility, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
• Relationship-building skills. Demonstrable ability of team work, excellent interpersonal skills as necessary to work effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be gender sensitive
Location: Northern Region
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, their detailed curriculum vitae and contacts of three relevant referees to: [email protected]
The Director Rice Value Chain project Agro Lead-Ghana P.O. Box TL 2656 Tamale Closing Date: 10 May, 2017
Agro Lead Ghana is gender sensitive organization; as a result women are encouraged to apply.