A network of Ghanaian NGOs that seeks to promote- rights-based approaches to sexual reproductive health in Ghana, particularly through advocacy and inclusive policy-making. The Alliance works to strengthen links between actors in the health sector to deliver appropriate, reliable, accessible and affordable sexual and reproductive health services and Information to poor women of reproductive health age, young people and other disadvantaged groups in poor and under-served communities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian Nationals for the position of Campaign Coordinator.
Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for leading advocacy for improved access to quality universal health care for all Ghanaians.
The Roles of the post holder include the following:
- Co-ordination of all campaign activities
- Plan and implement campaign activities in close collaboration with campaign working groups
- Collaborate with steering committee to timely, rigorously, effectively and transparently monitor and evaluate campaign activities and report vis-a-vis campaign objectives and goals
- Fund Raising – Development of concept papers and proposals
- Timely reporting to stakeholders include donors, steering committee, partners and members of the campaign
- Establish active and participatory partnerships and networks with related health sector stakeholders (Government, NGOs, multilateral and bilateral agencies to establish and maintain a high profile of campaign;
- Represent the face of the campaign and be responsible for all public relations of campaign, represent campaign at various meetings and events; etc
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health, any of the Social Sciences or Development Studies from a reputable institution or Bachelors Degree with over five years experience in health advocacy and campaign
- A minimum of two years in the health sector and three in a position of team leadership, networking and management. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, excellent proposal/grant writing skills, report writing, press statements; excellent networking skills, managing complex difficult coalitions, resulting in measurable successes and programme growth
- Ability to prioritise, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure independently with no supervision
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter to:
Alliance for Reproductive Health Rights
P. O. Box CT 6103
Closing: 11 Jan, 2012