Posted on :
14 Sep, 2016
14 Sep, 2016
AngloGold Ashanti Limited is a global gold mining company. It was formed in 2004 by the merger of AngloGold and the Ashanti Goldfields Corporation.AngloGold Ashanti Limited is now a global gold producer with 21 operations on four continents. The company is listed on the New York, Johannesburg, Accra, London and Australian stock exchanges, as well as the Paris and Brussels bourses.
In 2008, AngloGold produced 4.98 million ounces of gold from its operations, estimated to be seven percent of the global production. In 2009, the company’s gold output dropped to 4.6 million ounces. As of the third quarter of 2014, Anglogold was the world’s third-largest producer of gold, behind Barrick Gold and Newmont Mining.
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited, (Subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana, and has a workforce of over 1,400, including contractors. AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Ltd, is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer-Daily Buying
The purpose of this role is to ensure timely acquisition and delivery of high quality materials at the most-economical cost and proper processing of assigned orders in accordance with laid down procedures to prevent any errors, unauthorized ordering and overstocking on the Mine.
• Reviews all approved purchase requisitions (both stock and non-stock) regularly in order to expedite order placement and ensure continuous flow of materials to meet production demands.
• Ensures that materials to be ordered are accurately described to enable suppliers to identify them and quote accordingly.
• Prepares and issues bid invitations or requests for proposals, analyses quotes received and make recommendations.
• Prepares price adjudication on quotations received, verifies all entries and values, makes the necessary correction if any and forward the final adjudication report to the immediate superior for further action.
• Creates purchase orders in accordance with SAP processes.
• Liaise with Materials Engineering team to ensure that technical queries on purchase requisitions and orders are resolved in a timely manner.
• Compiles and reviews exception reports on long overdue purchase requisitions and cancel invalid unwanted purchase requisitions as part of SAP MM Data cleansing process.
• Prepares statistical report on purchase orders placed for inclusion in Procurement & Supply Chain monthly report.
• Performs all other duties that maybe assigned by immediate superior.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration or its equivalent plus minimum “of eight (8) years’ working experience in the Mining Industry, OR; Degree in Supply Chain Management with a minimum of eight (8) years working experience.
• Proficient in the use of ERP SAP
• Materials Management package Strong computer skills – Microsoft office package, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Exhibit proven negotiation and influencing skills as well as the ability to identify, recommend and implement cost effective efficiencies for overall improvement to the operation.
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Fiday, 23rd September. 2016:
The Senior Manager-Human Resources
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 23 September, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview.