AngloGold Ashanti currently has two wholly owned and managed operations in Ghana – Obuasi and Iduapriem.
The operations are located in the Ashanti and Western Regions of Ghana, and were acquired following a merger between the former AngloGold Limited of South Africa and Ashanti Goldfields Company Limited of Ghana. The new entity, AngloGold Ashanti Limited, was formed in April 2004.
The Iduapriem mine, wholly owned by AngloGold Ashanti since September 2007, comprises the Iduapriem and Teberebie properties in a 110km2 concession. Iduapriem is located in the Western Region of Ghana, some 70km north of the coastal city of Takoradi and 10km southwest of the Tarkwa mine. Iduapriem is an open-pit mine and its processing facilities include a carbon-in-pulp (CIP) plant.
Obuasi is located in the Ashanti Region of Ghana, approximately 60km south of Kumasi. Mining operations are primarily underground, to a depth of 1.5km. Some surface mining in the form of open pit and tailings reclamation occurs. Obuasi currently treats sulphide ores from underground at the south plant, following the decommissioning of the tailings treatment plant in October 2010. The south plant also treats sulphide tailings and has a capacity of 360,000 tonnes per month.
Job Title: Senior Manager – Security
- The purpose of this role is for the development, implementation and improvement of all security subsystems and processes from Global, Corporate and Regional systems, including modem security technologies and processes provided for effective and efficient security management subsystems.
- Included in these security management subsystems are surveillance. investigations and protection of safe operations of the company and its assets.
- Research, design and implement best practice for the Iduapriem security function to contribute to the strategic objectives of the business.
- Design systems and processes to ensure protection of lives and assets and reputational risk of Iduapriem mine.
- Ensure 100% protection of all the Mine site areas – sites pertaining to gold bearing materials (GBM), unauthorised access on mine concessions/company assets/raw materials, etc.
- Implementation and continuous improvement of Corporate Security and Surveillance systems to enable the operational transactional security processes required for the country, e.g., identifying, managing and evaluating the threats and vulnerability of the company, managing the risk to company assets, including personnel, property and information of the company.
- Design, align and ensure the implementation of the Corporate, Continental Africa Region and Ghana Security Projects and Programmes, ensuring a safe security and surveillance management approach to processes required to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual security reports for Corporate Intelligence purpose.
- Plan and deploy security resources within the framework approved at Corporate, to ensure the delivery of all strategic initiatives within budget and time frame agreed.
- To establish and maintain contact with Government Security Intelligence, Police, Armed Forces, Commercial and Private Security organisations.
- To develop contingency plans to counteract the effect of any security incidents or emergency in order to minimise potential damage to company asset.
- To manage the contracts of relevant service providers for the security division.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement (including policing, forensic investigations, criminal investigations and criminal law). Postgraduate degree in Industrial Psychology, Sociology or Humanities would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of working experience in Mining Security, Surveillance and Intelligence Agencies of National or International Industrial Establishments of which three (3) years should have been at a Senior Management Level.
- In-depth knowledge of modem security systems
- Capability to manage across different areas of professional practices.
- An experienced people-manager, with high levels of leadership skills.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and reassure staff.
- Ability to assess risks and recommend appropriate action and/or solution.
How to Apply
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses
The Senior Manager
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P.O. Box 283
not later than Friday, 30th September. 2016
Email: [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview.