Posted on :
8 Jun, 2016
8 Jun, 2016
Meridian Port Services (MPS) is developing a greenfield container terminal as part of the Government approved expansion of the current MPS terminal in Tema, Ghana. As part of this project it is necessary to develop and meet project environmental performance standards.
In order to build a winning organisation for this project, MPS Port Project seeks to appoint an Environmental Advisor who will be part of the HSSE team, with key responsibility to environmental compliance, legislation and operational review, environmental audits and assessments to the MPS Terminal in Tema.
Safety is a reflection of APM Terminals core values, we promote constant care throughout all our operational activities, always strive for higher standards in safety through innovation, and we coach our teams to support safe environment across all pillars of our organizaton.
Job Title: Environmental Advisor
Our Commitment to Safety: • Is our license to operate
• Has no hierarchy
• Means no compromise
• Is not optional
•An opportunity to be part of a high performance team
•Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders
•Developing roles and responsibilities for a key terminal in the region
•Be part of the single largest port investment project in Ghana
•Be part of an international company and environment
•Opportunity to contribute to a safety leader company in the industry
Overall responsibilities of the candidate will be the following:
• Develop Environmental Management Plan (EMP) for project operation phase to mitigate general environmental impacts
• Liaison with EPA and IFC on all project construction phase environmental reports, Annual Environmental Report on the Company’s operations and decommissioning & Site Closure Plan prior to the project’s decommissioning
• Ensure the submission and application of all documents to obtain environmental Certificate;
• Develop and maintain Operation Phase Environmental Monitoring Programme for the project;
• Gather, analyse and interpret monitoring data to produce monthly and annual reports during project implementation as required by the EPA;
• Ensure the provision of resources for the successful execution of environmental activities;
• Assist in all other HSE related aspects when needed;
• Ensure the inclusion and follow up of, EPA and IFC related environmental and social impact studies as well as deliverables thereof into construction contracts and PMC contract. • Other tasks assigned by the HSSE in direct line with the scope of the job.
A candidate who has:
• Thorough understanding of Ghanaian EPA and IFC Environmental requirements;
• Ability / experience in writing comprehensive, technical and environmental reports;
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in environmental coordinating or consulting, permitting, auditing, monitoring or environmental and social impact studies;
• Experience in Environmental Management and environmental report review will be an advantage;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Awareness and ability to work with constant care;
• Emergency response reaction in unsafe situation;
• Feeling of ownership for your own safety and your facility;
• Minimum qualification requirement is a degree in environmental related field;
• Graduate Certificate in Social Impact;
• OHSAS 18001 Lead Auditor;
• ISO 4001: EMS.