Posted on :
28 Jul, 2016
28 Jul, 2016
Meridian Port Services (MPS) is developing a greenfield container terminal as part of the Government approved expansion of the current MPS terminal in Tema, Ghana. As part of this project it is necessary to develop and meet the quantity/quality standards, at all times.
In order to build a winning organisation for this project, MPS Port Project seeks to appoint a Junior Quantity Surveyor who will be part of the Construction & Equipment team, with key responsibility to assisting in the review and checking of Contractors/Consultants/Suppliers: Applications for Payment; Variations; Claims, Cash Flow Forecasts; etc. to the MPS Project Terminal in Tema.
Safety is a reflection of APM Terminals core values, we promote constant care throughout all our operational activities, always strive for higher standards in safety through innovation, and we coach our teams to support safe environment across all pillars of our organizaton.
Job Title: Junior Quantity Surveyor
Our Commitment to Safety: • Is our license to operate
• Has no hierarchy
• Means no compromise
• Is not optional
•An opportunity to be part of the single largest port investment project in Ghana •An opportunity to be part of a high performance team •A practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking
•A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
•Be part of an international company and environment
•Opportunity to contribute to a safety leader company in the industry
Overall responsibilities of the candidate will be the following:
• Review all Consultants/Contractor’s/Suppliers Applications for Payment, variation & claims proposals, as well as cash flow forecasts.
• Update and evaluate the accuracy of the project forecast by assessing actual cost incurred and physical progress achieved for all phases of each Contract and Overall.
• Carry out remeasurement of actual works using SMM7/CESMM3.
• Preparing BoQ’s using SMM7/CESMM3.
• Assists Contracts Manager / Construction Manager in preparing presentations / reports to the Heads of Department / Head of Construction & Equipment.
• Consolidate data in the schedule and in project cost reports for Construction Contracts Manager’s review and approval.
• Prepare and update, on a regular basis, MPS cash flow forecasts.
• Data collection from various sources to ensure accurate updates of the Programme and cashflow.
• Support Construction Contracts Manager in contingency and change order management.
Who we are looking for
A candidate who has:
• Sound working knowledge of the FIDIC Contracts would be advantageous
• Familiarity with SMM7/CESMM3 for the purposes of creating bills of quantities / measurement for payment / final accounts
• Good computer skills and have excellent knowledge of using Microsoft Office software
• Professionalism, communication abilities, liability, teamwork skills
• Have effective analytical and problem solving skills
• Communicates fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Must be able to work independently
• HND or BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar role on large infrastructure Project(s)