Accounting or accountancy is the measurement, processing and communication of financial information about economic entities. The modern field was established by the Italian mathematician Luca Pacioli in 1494.Accounting, which has been called the “language of business”, measures the results of an organization’s economic activities and conveys this information to a variety of users, including investors, creditors, management, and regulators. Practitioners of accounting are known as accountants. The terms ‘accounting’ and ‘financial reporting’ are often used as synonyms.
Job Title: Accounts Supervisor.
An Automobile Company that deals in luxurious buses is looking for Accounts Supervisor.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The role can cover many aspects of Accounting and finance work, including:
- Coordinate the organization, staffing, and operational activities for assigned accounting activities and operations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned areas of responsibility; recommend and implement resulting policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures; identify resource needs; review with appropriate management staff; implement improvements.
- Direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for assigned accounting functions, services, and activities; Oversee invoicing and customer collections, including processing of statements.
- Perform professional accounting activities; oversee and perform complex reconciliations and analyses; post information for assigned accounting activities into the general ledger.
- Oversee, review and prepare a variety of journal entries, including accounts receivable aging analyses; audit and post cash receipts.
- Provide staff assistance to the Deputy General Manager; participate on a variety of committees; prepare and present financial reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary.
- Preparation of annual budget
- Preparing financial report for management meeting and occasionally Board meetings
- Interpretation of financial report for decision making
- Ensure compliance with required external and internal controls
- Perform related duties as required.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree from recognized university or Accountancy qualification from a recognized accountancy body (ACCA, CIMA, etc)
- Minimum of three (3) years in Accounting Supervisory position.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should send their CVs and cover letter to