A leading financial services provider with over 97 years of banking in Ghana and a well established local presence. Barclays Ghana is a member of the Barclays Africa Group Limited (BAGL), which is majority-owned by Barclays Bank PLC. Barclays Africa Group Limited is one of Africa’s major financial services institutions offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate & Investment banking and wealth management products and services as well as bancassurance.
We combine our global expertise and product knowledge with the rich experience and appreciation of the local environment to bring the best of banking to our people like no other.
Job Title: Head of HR Operations & Governance
Reporting to the HR director, the jobholder is a principal contact point for the business area for all HR related administration, operations with the regulators, payroll and HR finance as well as HR MI. The jobholder is responsible for managing the HR systems, local HR policies and maintains HR standards, projects rollouts and best practice within business units
- Provide clarity of vision and leadership to the HR Ops team, ensuring clarity on objectives and deliverables
- Provide leadership to engage, inspire and motivate team.
- Manage the development of HR Policies and processes to ensure they meet the needs of the customer, colleague and Company
- Take a proactive role in the development of Barclays Ghana People strategy and lead the HR technologyand infra – structure enhancement
- Work as a change agent and get involved in all HR development projects as needed
- Manage all HR activity reports from SAP (HR System) and use MI to highlight trends, anticipate problems and recommend solutions
- Hold Accountability for various approved staff benefits delivery like medical insurance, life insurance, pension, bonus scheme payments, commissions and relocation allowances
- Accountable for making the monthly salary payments; manage the checking process for variable payments; build and maintain controls across the processes of payment of any financial dues to external vendors related to any staff benefits or salaries
- Provide regular reports and cost analysis for all related staff costs and benefits costs
- Lead in all HR Audits, RCA tests and snap check
- Acts as HR quality controller and maintain HR standards and best practice within HR functions; Asses all HR initiatives from a process point of view and insure that controls and process quality is not compromised.
- Create, update and maintain work flow processes and ensure takes customer expectations in mind
- Graduate calibre with significant HR professional experience across a number of HR and / or business disciplines,
- Minimum of 8 years progressive HR experience preferable in a HR governance and risk space
- Experience with Complex HR information systems and automated solutions
- Lead transformational change programs in large and complex organisations
- Experience in diagnosing , addressing and communicating business change initiatives resulting in cultural and performance change and realising associated benefits