GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, Ready to Drink and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits.
Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.
Job Title: Stores Technician
Purpose of Role
Manage the Engineering Stores to ensure that stock levels are maintained and provide information to area engineers to control inventory.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Ensures that fuel stocks are controlled to support production.
- Compiles list of obsolete stocks and ensures they are written off
- Work with the relevant Area Engineers to ensure requisite and optimum spares are held in stock
- Ensure that all stocks in the Stores are kept safely and stored under their desired conditions
- Ensure all stock items are appropriately identified in SAP.
- Liaise with Purchasing and Supplies to ensure that items are delivered within schedule.
- Preparing goods receive notes for suppliers after being satisfied that the goods are of right quality and quantity.
- Drive identification of spares in stock to facilitate replenishment and transactions.
- Ensure that stores transactions are charged to the appropriate cost centers.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- MET/EET III with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar job
- Administrative Skills
- Budget management / Stores management skills
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of personal flexibility to function in a tightly manned manufacturing environment with volatile production and sales demand.
- Poor inclination to pursue training and development on an individual and team basis or to share and apply new skills acquired.
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
Flexible working options
- This role is based in GGBL Production sites.