The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) a world-class center of excellence for training in leadership, management, and administration, located at Greenhill, Achimota, invites applications from qualified and dynamic persons to fill the following vacancy.
Job Title: Director of Human Resource Management
The Director of Human Resource serves as Management’s primary advisor on human resource policies and procedures and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Human Resource Department.
The Director of Human Resource shall report directly to the Registrar.
- Advice and support Management on all matters relating to strategic human resource management of the Institute
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management of staff in the HR department
- Institute, develop and administer various human resource policies, programmes, and procedures for staff of the institute
- Oversee and maintain handbooks for policies and procedures and ensure that policies are kept up to date
- Perform compensation and benefits administration in collaboration with the finance department
- Oversee recruitment process in close coordination with heads of departments
- Plan and ensure execution of staff orientation and career development training programmes in a cost-effective manner
- Draw and maintain an effective succession plan
- Implement and maintain HR information systems and ensure effective records management
- Manage an effective performance management process.
- Ensure all job descriptions are kept up to date and create new job descriptions as and when necessary
- Provide reports on staff turnover, cost of recruitments, reference checks, etc
- Perform other related duties
Terms of Appointment:
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of four (4) academic years in the first instance and may be reappointed for further terms of four (4) academic years each, subject to satisfactory performance.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Development/Management or a related field
- Ten years relevant experience, five (5) of which must be in a top management position
- Experience with human resource information systems
- Effective use of interpersonal and communication skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Must have experience working with individuals from different cultures
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with people at all levels
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
- Must have excellent problem solving, inter-interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to take initiatives
- Must be assertive
How to Apply
Applications with CV/resume, cover letter, vision statement, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to [email protected] or sent to the address below:
The School Secretary
Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA)
P. o. Box AH 50, Achimota,
Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the same email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. All earlier applications and in some cases those who have already been interviewed are still eligible to reapply.