The Ashanti Goldfields Corporation is a gold mining company based in Ghana that was founded by Edwin Cade. The Ashanti Mine, located at Obuasi, 56 km south of Kumasi, has been producing since 1897. The mine is sited on one of the world’s major gold deposits and is one of the ten largest in the world.
In 1994, the Ghana government, the majority shareholder, announced plans to sell 20-25 percent of its interest in AGC in a share flotation. The company was listed on the London and Ghana stock exchanges. It was the largest flotation ever organised by any gold mining company coordinating and advisory team alone numbered over 200 people. Each of the company’s 10,000 employees received five free shares.
The Applications Support Engineer’s role is to provide business application support services for staff and act as a liaison to the systems development team. S/he also assists to take care of service delivery.
Reporting to the Senior IT Superintendent, the successful candidate will perform the following duties
- Writes reports coliecting information from the installed databases, applications
- and computer Systems
- Assigns and maintains user access to business applications software
- Troubleshoots business applications software problems
- Trains users on installed application software
- Assist to correct data-entry errors and performs routine maintenance
- Acts as a liaison between the IT team and the users
- Maintains prompt and regular attendance
- Any other duties as required
Required skills or experience:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a minimum of a Diploma or Degree in Computer Science with 3-4 years of experience with end-user support and database report writing.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Providing a wide scope of applications support for vital internal Business Application
- Skills to perform root cause analysis and provide solutions for system maintenance
- Ability to collaborate with business teams on system architecture planning
- Ability to collaborate with development team to test solutions
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels
- Provide excellent client management inclusive of excellent communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for client issues within internal departments
- Skills and knowledge in analyzing existing software configurations and recommend modifications for improvement
- Defining and documenting software requirements
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Database experience – SQL Server, et
- Be able to manage multiple tasks or projects.
How to apply:
Interested and eligible persons are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to the following address:
The Human Resources Manager
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
P. O. Box 283