Ashesi University College is seeking applicants with a Ph.D. for full-time faculty positions for our undergraduate Computer Science major, hosted by the Computer Science Department.
Ashesi University College is a world class liberal arts and sciences university located at Berekuso, approximately 1 hours’ drive from Accra, Ghana’s capital city. Presently, Ashesi University College offers majors in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Engineering. Ashesi Faculty have multicultural backgrounds and share a passion for teaching and a dedication to the needs of students, with collaborations across a wide range of research interests.
Job Title: Computer Science
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Willingness to work on a team to develop an innovative and world class curricula
- Willingness to teach in a participatory environment
- Willingness to engage in research and supervise undergraduate projects
- Demonstrated capability in the use of computer technology
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction. An undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus
- Ability to design and deliver any of the course content below:
Data Structures and Algorithms, Algorithm Design and Analysis, Computer Graphics, Parallel Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Operating Systems, Computer Organization and Architecture, Computer Networks, Human Computer Interaction, Software Engineering, Web Application Development, Introductory and Advanced Database Systems and Programming, Introductory Computing/Information Technology, Introductory Computer Programming (in Python and Java) and Intermediate Computer Programming (in Java and C++)