Ashesi University College is seeking an experienced Mechanical Laboratory Technician to join our Engineering team. Ashesi University College is a world class liberal arts university located at Berekuso, approximately 1 hours’ drive from Accra, Ghana’s capital city. Presently, Ashesi University College offers a liberal arts core curriculum and majors in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Engineering. Ashesi Faculty and staff have multicultural backgrounds and share a passion for teaching and a dedication to the needs of students while collaborating across a wide range of research interests.
Job Title: Associate Dean-Student and Community Affairs
Reports to: Dean of Student and Community Affairs
Job Summary: Assist the Dean of Student and Community Affairs to develop, plan, implement and evaluate programs that affect the quality of campus life, and to boost engagement, opportunities, student and alumni success and retention.
Main Duties: To manage key areas such as campus and residential life, student activities, the mentor-ship programme, and other areas that the reporting team members are responsible for. Focus areas entail the following tasks, some of which will be shared with other team members. These will be further clarified in the interview:
- Coaching students for success and providing the necessary tools for success.
- Monitoring Student Affairs operations and serve as a resource and liaison for students, parents, faculty and staff
- Providing training and/or facilitate thematic and year-group specific workshops and sessions
- Assist the Dean with orientation, graduation, town hall meeting and other all-campus events
- Manage the Freshman mentor-ship programme
- Serve as representative on committees or task forces such as Admissions and Financial Aid, as required.
- Assists in the monitoring of the Ashesi honour code and the execution of the judicial processes
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work
- Serve as an advisory to the student council
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of student clubs and organizations
- Oversee the coordination of programs for residential life
- Coordinate training for student council executives, resident assistants and other student leaders
- At least a Masters’ degree with strong communication skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite Skills, and be technologically agile and willing to learn
- Experience working in administration at the tertiary level and also, a demonstrated desire to work with young adults
- A track record of working with young adults from a variety of economic, national and ethnic backgrounds
- A desire for ongoing learning. The candidate should model curiosity and a desire to problem-solve.
- Willingness to serve wholeheartedly as a member of a team which is focused intensely on student engagement, opportunity success and well-being.
- A high level of maturity, confidentiality and integrity in handling issues. Must be well organized.
- A willingness to adhere to Ashesi’s mission and its Learning Goals.