Posted on :
30 Nov, 2016
30 Nov, 2016
The objective of the Ghana Climate Innovation Center (GCIC) is to establish local institutional capacity to support Ghanaian entrepreneurs and new ventures involved in developing profitable and locally-appropriate solutions to climate change mitigation and adaptation. Through its programs, activities and financing, the GCIC and its network of partners and stakeholders will provide a country-driven approach to solving climate, energy and resource challenges and support economic development through job creation.
Job Title: Marketing and Communication Director – Ghana Climate Innovation Center
Job Summary: The Marketing and Communication Director is the Chief Marketing Officer of the GCIC and coordinates branding, marketing, communications and outreach. The position is for 5 years
Reports to: Executive Director-GCIC
• Coordinates branding, marketing, communications and outreach for the GCIC
• Drives continual process improvements and implements best practices to manage marketing projects efficiently.
• Develops and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public about the GCIC.
• Ensures the development of advertising and promotional plans and manages the annual advertising and promotional budget.
• Manages the use of external resources as they pertain to the marketing and communications function (e.g. advertising agency, printers, etc.)
• Assists in developing the GCIC’s strategic plan, which addresses critical issues in the marketing and communications area. The plan will set out objectives for each strategic area of the GCIC and outlines plans for achieving those objectives.
• Develops a marketing strategy that effectively markets GCIC and educates the public on its offering, engagements and opportunities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A post-graduate in business, marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
• Individual must possess a minimum of 7-10 years combined senior management and communications experience.
• Experience must include strategic planning, communications planning and management, marketing and media relations.
• Individual must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills.
• Individual must possess strong leadership skills, be able to motivate and influence others
• Ability to influence and persuade across all levels of an organization
• Exercises a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
• Knowledge and experience in Public and Media Relations
• Strategic communication and excellent presentation skills
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 29 December, 2016