Posted on :
30 Nov, 2016
30 Nov, 2016
Ashesi University College is seeking applicants with a Ph.D. for full-time faculty positions for our undergraduate Management Information Systems major, hosted by the Computer Science Department in collaboration with the Business Administration Department.
Ashesi University College is a world class liberal arts and sciences university located at Berekuso, approximately 1 hours’ drive from Accra, Ghana’s capital city. Presently, Ashesi University College offers majors in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and Engineering. Ashesi Faculty have multicultural backgrounds and share a passion for teaching and a dedication to the needs of students, with collaborations across a wide range of research interests.
Job Title: Information Systems Lecturer
Faculty Position: Information Systems
Qualification Required & Experience
• PhD in Information Systems or a related field
• Willingness to work on a team to develop an innovative and world class curricula
• Willingness to teach in a participatory environment
• Willingness to engage in research and supervise undergraduate projects
• Demonstrated capability in the use of computer technology
• Excellent written & verbal communication
• Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction. An undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus
• Ability to design and deliver any of the course content below:
• Introduction to Computing and Information Systems, Introductory Python Programming, Introductory and Intermediate Java Programming, Systems Analysis and Design, IT Infrastructure, Systems Administration, Enterprise Systems, E-Commerce, Information and Systems Security, Introductory and Advanced Database Systems and Programming, Information Systems Project Management, Information Systems Strategy, Management & Acquisition
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please submit the following to:
• A Curriculum Vitae
• A one or two-page statement of teaching philosophy and research or professional development interests, explaining the benefits of the proposed approach to teaching and research.
• Name and contact addresses of three professional references, of whom at least two can directly attest to teaching and student mentoring capabilities or potential
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and would be expected to simulate teaching a class.
Closing Date: 29 December, 2016