Posted on :
20 Oct, 2016
20 Oct, 2016
The Atwima Mponua Rural Bank Limited at Toase in the Atwima Nwabiagya district of Ashanti Region has recorded a profit before tax of approximately GH¢1.130million in the 2014 year under review, as against a little over GH¢ 1million in 2013 representing a growth 12.97%.
The bank put up a very satisfactory performance in all other areas: including Deposits, Loans & Advances, Total Assets, Shareholders’ Funds and Stated Capital as well as Investment.
These and more were made known by Chairman of the Board of Directors Mr. Charles Opia Mensah, during the bank’s 31st Annual General Shareholders’ meeting held last Friday.
According to him, the bank registered very satisfactory growth in all the performance indicators in spite of the major economic challenges posed by heightened local competition and other negative effects.
Job Title: Head of Internal Audit
The successful candidate shall:
• Support the operations of the Bank by providing technical support
• Review the integrity of financial information and the means used to get the estimate of such information
• Act independently within the Bank to manage the risk of loss
• To plan, organise and carry out internal audit function, including the preparation of an audit plan which fulfils the responsibility of the department, scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource need
• To report to both the audit committee and management on the policies, programmes and activities of the department
• To recommend on the systems and procedures being reviewed, report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management’s response and implementation
• To conduct any reviews of tasks requested by the Board, the audit committee and General Manager, provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function
• To report on value for money for all projects and activities with special regards to economy, efficiency and effectiveness
• Perform audit, investigation and general financial administration procedure to all agencies of the bank and
• To review and report compliance with institutional policies and procedures such as accuracy, timeliness and relevance of financial and other information that is provided for management
• Any other activity that may be assigned by the Board or General Manager.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good first degree in Business Administration in Accounting or Finance, paprt or fully qualified member of an accounting or financial professional body. Possession of MBA would be an added advantage
• Must have not less than 5 years of working experience in an audit firm
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with computers, web-based data administration, Ms PowerPoint etc. Knowledge in the T24 software would be an added advantage
• Must be skilled in report writing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• A high sense of courtesy, diligence, integrity and must be detail-oriented
• Must be smart, poses leadership qualities and be able to work under intense pressure
• Applicant should be between 35 and 50 years
Location: Toase – Ashanti Region
How to Apply For the Job
Address applications to:
The General Manager
Rural Bank Limited
Post Office Box 24
Toase – Ashanti Region
Closing Date: 28 October, 2016