A reputable IT firm requires a talented, ambitious, self-directed technology entrepreneur for the position of an Associate Product Manager who will be responsible for guiding projects from conception to launch. The Associate Product Manager is expected to gather requirements, understand market opportunities, define new product features and work with engineers to execute them.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly. You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with Java web application development.
- Design and implement scalable applications suitable for access on multiple devices.
- Develop expertise in one or more of the following Specialist domains: Scaling Multi Mio Datastores using NoSQL or Graph Db’s, Artificial Intelligence, Social Recommendations & collaborative filtering, Graph theory.
Required Skills or Experience
- BSc in Computer Science. MSc or PhD or equivalent experience would be an advantage.
- Previous professional experience with specialist domains would be an advantage
- Expert level development in Java, C++ or Python.
- Additional experience writing highly scalable server-side components an advantage.
- Large systems software design and development experience, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- A solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Proven ability to deliver complex projects independently and on time, with excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- 0–2 years working experience for Level I, 2-5 years experience for level II
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Guide products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring solutions to all the markets where the company does business
- Participate in technology research / roadmap development and help to define product vision and strategy and work with engineers to execute it
- Manage products through the release, launch, market introduction and support phases
- Understand and analyze user needs and provide sales support on assigned products
- Maintain business metrics data and reports for future analysis by senior staff members
- Research markets and competitors
- Build and launch new products and features
- Oversight and management of all accounting for the company
- Monthly financial reporting to senior management and investors
- Budget Planning and monitoring
- Maintenance and provision of relevant management accounting information to the operations team to facilitate effective decision-making
- Ensuring strict internal financial controls to minimise revenue and asset leakage
- Working with external auditors to prepare audited accounts for the company
- Management of the accounting team
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in finance, accounting, or related field from an accredited university preferred; other professional accounting qualifications considered
- Prior experience as the head of financial operations in a manufacturing company
- At least five years’ post-qualification experience
- Familiarly and/or previous experience with Tally, Sage or similar accounting software
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Investigate, select, develop/building software products, define strategy / roadmap for the products and monitor all aspects of the design, development and production process
- Watch and review commercial trends to determine the best methods to make the product marketable or profitable to the company
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Deliver Marketing Requirement Document (MRDs) and Product Requirement Document (PRDs) with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Must be a software entrepreneur with proven track record in full life cycle implementation of software products
- Possess an engineering background with an MBA or previously started an internet or mobile software comapny
- Minimum of four years of software marketing/product management experience
- Must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent software products
- Must enjoy spending time in the market to understand the needs, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a product management team
- Competence driven with strong leadership abilities