Posted on :
13 Oct, 2016
13 Oct, 2016
A highly diversified Ghanaian conglomerate with interests in the construction, property development, logistics, utilities and ICT sectors in Ghana is seeking to recruit a certified accountant who will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk.
The ideal candidate will enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Job Title: Chief Accountant
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Manage outsourced functions
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
• Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
• Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
• Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
• Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
• Process payroll in a timely manner
• Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
• Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Issue timely and complete financial statements
• Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report and quarterly, bi-annual and annual investor reports
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
• Provide for a system of management cost reports
• Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
• Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
• Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
• Comply with local, national, and international reporting requirements and tax filings
Qualifications &Key Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
• Professional accounting qualifications- CA, CIA, CPA, ACCA, or other internationally
recognized accounting qualification.
• At least 10 years’ experience in management accounting
• A good grip on profit and loss, cash flow management, balance sheet and administering payrolls.
• Knowledge of information management tools and basic IT skills
• Knowledge in Excel, MS Access and other accounting software and archiving tools
• Experience in training and supervision of Junior Staff.
• Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• High motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Management experience is essential
How to Apply
Submit your Cv at