ASA Savings and Loans Limited, a microfinance institution in Ghana and a subsidiary of ASA International with extensive operations world-wide. ASA Savings & Loans, an entity of ASA International (www.asa-international.com) that provides financial services in Asia and Africa.
ASA Savings & Loans, an entity of ASA International that provides financial services in Asia and Africa seeks the services of an IT Manager.
The IT Manager will be responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various technologies managed by the Information Technology department. This person will focus on the administration of the network infrastructure, desktop PCs, servers, network equipment, and software applications. The IT Manager will assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into ASA’s operation and make recommendations for implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems, desktop PCs, servers, network equipment, and software applications
- Monitors and maintains the use of software and hardware systems
- Develops, maintains, and monitors procedures for all server backups
- Monitors, plans, and coordinates the distribution of client/server software, service packs and antivirus software
- Makes recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement
- Perform on-site and remote technical support
- Assist in the organisation and inventory of all hardware and software resources
- Maintains excellent communication with the Corporate IT Head on all tasks and projects
- Creates and maintains good technical documentation
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- This position requires excellent customer service and organisational skills to support administrative personnel, department supervisors, staff, and branch users. Promote a positive work environment by maintain respectful interactions with branch system users.
- This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Personnel (at least Exam 70-444, Exam 70-290)
- 3-5 years of management/supervisory experience required in technology fields, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in installation, operation & maintenance of distributed software system
- Clear understanding of software implementation policy and procedure, electronic data transmission, access control etc
- Basic knowledge in software development and database management
- Excellent knowledge in computer hardware and networking trouble shooting
- Must have strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Must be able to learn new technologies, tools, and techniques quickly and with minimal supervision
- Experience in financial institutions/financial system management is a plus
- Age: Not more than forty (40) years