Posted on :
24 Nov, 2016
24 Nov, 2016
BASICS International, has been in existence for 15 years, provided much need social services to woman and children in Ghana. Our mission to ensure young girls stay in school, a boarding house has been developed to help them stay focused, and have an environment that promotes good value, moral and conducive learning environment.
Job Title: Administrative Officer
• BASICS International, a grass root NGO, located in Chorkor, Accra; is seeking a dynamic, young, articulate, quick thinking, multi talented, independent thinking, team player, individual to work directly in a high paced, high demanding office.
• The overall description of this position is to serve in an administrative role, to ensure the day to day operation of the organization run efficiently. Reports directly to Executive Director and Programme Manager.
• The below noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
General Administrative Duties
• Receive all incoming calls and visitors, and direct to proper channel
Handle Administrative duties which includes, but not limited to:
• Typing Correspondences (Microsoft Word)
• Updating Databases (Microsoft Excel)
• Basics Bookkeeping ( will be trained to use Quickbooks)
• Making photocopies
• Procurement of supplies
• Human resource related activities
• Attend Meeting and Run errands
Qualification Required & Experience
Candidate MUST have the following qualities and skills
• Must be able to read and write ENGLISH fluently.
• Must be good in public speaking, giving presentations
• Must be able to speak GA
• Must be computer literate ( Microsoft Word, Excel) (computer graphic would be helpful)
• Must be able to multi task, take instructions, orders, and criticism
• Able to work long hours with endurance.
• Be creative ( in thinking and in actions)
• Assertive, and show signs of leadership
• Have a great memory
• Willing to work as team player; and in any capacity needed.
This is ideal for young graduates. however all are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply For The Job
• Send a DYNAMIC introduction letter ; tell us about your educational background, work experience, life experience, extra skills, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, WHY we should hire you?
• Place the introduction letter ONLY in BODY of email ( as well as attachment)
• Attach the following to the email; CV, Photo and the introduction letter.
• PLEASE mark the SUBJECT of the EMAIL: ADMIN/ YOUR NAME
Send to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 28 November, 2016