Posted on :
14 Feb, 2014
14 Feb, 2014
Reports Directly to CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Job Title: Head of Region
Scope of Job: The Head of Region is responsible for the management, administration and efficient operation of ALL branches within his or her assigned region or hub including operations, lending, product sales, deposit mobilization and investments, customer service, and the security and safety in accordance with our corporate objectives.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Developing new deposit and loan business
• Providing a superior level of customer relations
• Promoting the sales and service culture of the company through coaching, guidance and staff motivation
• Achieving individual and branch targets through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
• Assisting the COO in ensuring that the company’s operations and implementation procedures are consistent with its corporate objectives and policies.
• Providing effective leadership to subordinates through the demonstration of a high sense of Professionalism, due skill and care and profound integrity in the management of the company’s resources and performance of duties
• Providing in-house and also recommend external training for subordinates with respect to best practices in Credit Administration, finance management, Treasury and general business development relating to the finance industry.
• Appraising the performance of subordinates and advice on staff developmental needs. Establishing and maintaining fruitful professional relationships with clients, business partners, competitors etc, with a view of promoting the image and business of the company, advancing the vision and ideals of the company and also ensuring the adoption and adaptation of best practices
• Representing the company both internally and externally at all levels of business engagement – at the approval of the COO – especially in issues relating to Business Development and promotion.
• Ensuring the timely submission of reports to the appropriate receiving authorities
• Developing Loan and other innovative service products in consultation with COO, Credit team and other professional advisors.
• Assisting in the review of all loan requests to ensure their viability and consistency with corporate policies which are designed to reduce the risks facing the company
• Planning, coordinating and reviewing the activities of the Credit Team; including initial interview procedures, information verification procedures, loan application documentation, financial appraisal techniques, preparation of verification reports, loan monitoring, recovery procedures etc.
• Reviewing systems and procedures currently being applied in the delivery of credit to ensure they are consistent with the company’s policies and are appropriate to ensure effective credit delivery.
• Designing and establishing a system of operational procedures, reporting systems and Internal Control procedures that will ensure the complete recording, analysis, reporting and presentation of all Credit activities undertaken by the company
• Monitoring the repayment of loans by clients, and liaising with the Finance Department to ensure that the accounting system is updated with any repayments received and also of cheques dishonored.
• Designing and establishing a system of operational procedures, reporting systems and internal control procedures that will ensure the complete recording, analysis, reporting and presentation of all Savings & Deposits activities undertaken by the company
• Monitoring the inflow of savings and deposits from clients and in conjunction with Finance Department ensure that the accounting system is continuously updated with any deposits received
Qualification Required & Experience
• A very good degree in Business Administration, (Accounting or Finance option), and
• a member of a Recognized Professional Accounting Body. A masters degree will be an advantage Must have good credit management skills
• At least six (6) years relevant work experience in a financial or banking institution; three of which must be at management level.
• Must have drive and passion to achieve.
• Must be innovative and demonstrate high level initiative and integrity.
• Must have good leadership skills
How To Apply For The Job
Join the team of creative and passionate professionals by sending your CV and applications to:
Closing Date: 17 February, 2014