Posted on :
14 Jun, 2016
14 Jun, 2016
The Biege group is currently recruiting for for the post of a hotel assistant general manager
Job Title: Assistant Hotel General Manager
Department: Hotel Administration
Job Location:Eastern Region
Summary of Job Duties:
• The successful candidate will lead varied marketing initiatives and deliver exceptional guest service, with the view to grow the revenue stream of the hotel.
• He/She will also coordinate revenue protection initiatives, such as, Stock Management, Preventive Maintenance and monitoring of Revenue Centres.
• The key responsibilities associated with this position will include but not limited to the following:
Leadership and Representation:
• When necessary, interface cross-functionally at all levels within the hotel.
• Manage relationship with internal and external parties including communication with, external parties &third party providers.(external parties include but not limited to regulatory authorities and clients)
• Represent the General Manager (GM) at functions and meetings as and when necessary.
• Lead, direct and support the activities of employees so asto achieve the corporate objectives
• Manage performance of all departments with emphasis on productivity, efficiency, and service delivery.
• Support the GM to recruit, train, motivate, coach, and ensure that employees are efficient.
• Provide necessary technical and operational support to all teams within the hotel.
Strategic and Operation Duties
Assist the General Manager to:
• Plan and implement budgets and ensure that budgets are properly controlled and managed, to achieve best value for money.
• Ensure continuous improvement of the hotel’s services to ensureguest satisfaction.
• Oversee the operations and general activities of the business, including its assets and employees.
• Supervise and report on all operational and strategic issues.
Continually improve and develop business performance within the constraints of the law.
Hotel Management and Hospitality Skills:
• Assist the hotel manager in overseeing all the events, activities and operations of the hotel
• Ensure that all hotel rules and policies are implemented.
Hotel Facility Maintenance and Care:
• Assist in keeping the hotel clean and tidy, at all times.
• Ensure that all business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures are always kept up to date
• Ensure that all bedrooms/conference rooms and areas under your responsibility are checked thoroughly at the end of every shift, confirming that they meet our standards.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of First Degree in any business related discipline and/or equivalent hospitality qualification.
• Minimum of five (5) years working experience of which three(3) years must be relevant to a supervisory role in the hotel industry.
• General knowledge of modern hotel management practices.
• Ability to prepare, maintain and provide detailed and accuratereports.
• Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Location: Eastern Region
How To Apply For The Job
All suitable and interested applicants should send their CVs and application letters to:
Closing Date: 13 June, 2016