Posted on :
21 Jul, 2014
21 Jul, 2014
BPP Holdings is a leading private education provider and BPP University was the first provider of its kind to be granted degree awarding powers. At the forefront of private education in the UK, its mission is to offer students the highest standard of undergraduate, postgraduate and professional education and training available.
BPP wants to reposition itself as a leading global player and leverage its current success in over 50 countries delivering high quality innovative education either in country (face to face or online), student recruitment to the UK or through delivering content (via books).
Job Title: In-Country Commercial Manager
The In-Country Sales Representative will be responsible for agreeing, setting up, achieving and exceeding sales targets for the specific country for all product lines.
• Division: Group Wide
• Department: Commercial – International
• Reporting to: International Regional Manager
This role will work as an integral part of International Team. The International Team are responsible for the overall execution and on going development of BPP’s international expansion strategy.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Reporting to the International Regional Manager, the In-Country Commercial Manager will be responsible for agreeing/setting up, achieving and exceeding sales targets for the specific country for all product lines (Inbound student recruitment, Online Classroom, Learning Materials).
• Manage, monitor and support agents, distributors, feeder Schools/Colleges/Universities performance by:
1) Regular visits to sales channels.
2) Regular product training.
3) Regular HTS compliance training.
4) Ensure all sales channels have update information and up to date marketing materials.
5) Provide support with processing of orders (admissions process/materials ordering/online student bookings).
6) Attending exhibitions and events
• Maintain and grow existing business
• Develop new business opportunities in country for UK colleagues to complete the contract sales.
• Contributing to product development through market feedback reports.
• Identify opportunities for new products and make any market information available to key internal stakeholders within University, PQ and LM.
• Work with the International Manager for the region and the Managing Director to develop BPP’s brand in country as well as manage the local promotional campaigns.
• Ensure BPP’s retention of HTS with the UK Border Agency.
• Actively partake in the running of the department providing ideas and best practice synonymous with a high performance team.
• To ensure detailed and accurate records are maintained, e.g. recording contact and financial information.
• Adhere to all policies and procedures with regards to budget expenditure, displaying budget control for individual projects reporting any variances on a monthly basis.
• To operate in accordance with ethical business practice and at all times comply with National, UK and International laws
• To adhere to BPP’s Equal Opportunities policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
• To ensure that all activity and communication, where possible, is accessible by those with disabilities.
• To keep abreast of all legislation and regulations and to ensure BPP’s adherence and to report all new systems to the Data Protection Controller.
• To be responsible for personal development within the area of marketing and current trends that may support job performance.
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree or equivalent level qualification.
• Experience in Higher Education or professional training would be advantageous
• Significant experience in sales and marketing role.
• The flexibility to travel within the country of operation and internationally as appropriate
• Strong sales and marketing skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written, listening, speaking and reading)
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Stakeholder management experience.
• Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
• Highly organised, focused, results driven.
• Ability to see the bigger picture.
• Commercial focus – numbers.
• Good communication/relationship skills.
• A self starter with high levels of self awareness.
• Credibility and a high level of entrepreneurial spirit.
• The ability to work across cultures and different cultural environments
How To Apply For The Job
Send a CV and covering letter to:
Closing Date: 08 August, 2014
Please quote the job title above in the subject line.