Posted on :
27 Jul, 2016
27 Jul, 2016
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. We call this cultural relations.
We build trust and understanding for the UK to create a safer and more prosperous world. In terms of our reach and impact, we are the world’s leading cultural relations organisation. Cultural relations is a component of international relations which focuses on developing people-to-people links and complements government-to-people and government-to-government contact. We use English, Arts, and Education and Society – the best of the UK’s great cultural assets – to bring people together and to attract partners to working with the UK. The British Council has over 7,000 staff working in 191 offices in 110 countries and territories.
Job Title: Project Manager Arts
To mark the 400th anniversary of William Shakespeare’s death in 2016, the British Council and the GREAT Britain campaign are coordinating a major global programme ‘Shakespeare Lives’ that celebrates his works and influence on culture, education, and society. In line with this programme, British Council Ghana is introducing a project ‘Shakespeare Lives in Ghana’ which:
– Looks at the relevance of Shakespeare in today’s Ghana by exploring local attitudes towards women and girls and mapping these onto Shakespeare’s representation of women.
– Increases awareness and public dialogue about attitudes towards women and gender inequality issues by using theatre as a platform to discuss difficult and potentially controversial topics.
– Helps empower women by building their capacity to identify and respond to negative gender perceptions and associated behaviour in the media and in the workplace.
– Raising funds for programmes, preferably arts programmes, from a variety of sources.
– Managing high-profile events, preferably related to the arts.
– Managing a range of stakeholders under a single project and creating networks of individuals with common interests or priorities
– Creating managing and implementing communications strategies, managing social media campaigns.
Click On The Link Below For more details on the job