The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Title: Internship – Department For International Trade
Start Date: 04 July, 2017
Length of Contract: 2 months
No. of Vacancies: 2
Main Purpose of Job:
- To support the DIT Ghana team to achieve set commercial targets
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Advising and supporting UK companies with their business interests in Ghana and responding to a large number of enquiries.
- Support in producing and maintaining high quality sector reports and trade information to inform UK industry stakeholders of developments in Ghana – to be published on our portal.
- Support for VIP visits to Ghana and to the UK.
- Support in facilitating regular British Business Group meetings.
- Helping Ghanaian importers to establish links with British companies.
- Research into business opportunities in Ghana, uploading them onto the DIT portal.
- General administrative support duties.
Required Skills or Experience
Essential on arrival:
- A continuing student or graduate from a recognised tertiary institution
- Prioritising in a fast-paced work environment, delivering to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise effectively under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- A good team player
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint, and able to manage information effectively with available computer systems, databases and website
- A good sense of marketing (not necessarily marketing background) in order to present a positive and professional image to UK & Ghanaian stakeholders/customers, both in terms of communication and presentation of services
Learning and Development:
- Online e-learning
- On the job learning, job shadowing and mentoring
- Access to library
- Various development workshops
- Delivering a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Leading and Communicating
Level of language required:
- Advanced level proficiency in English Language (ability to understand, write and speak English language without any difficulty)
How to Apply
To apply for this, kindly send an email to [email protected], stating in the subject “Internship – Department For International Trade” attaching your CV, and a cover letter of not more than 300 words, answering the questions below:
‘Why are you applying for this job?
What do you intend to gain from working at the British High Commission, and
what will you bring to the table?’
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY 21ST APRIL, 2017, 23:59GMT (ALL APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE SAID DATE WILL BE DISREGARDED)