BUI Power Authority Ghana was established to build and operate a most efficient hydroelectric plant that will generate electricity at base price to spur industrial and agricultural revolution in Ghana impacting the lives of millions.
To adopt effective and strategic management practices which will yield the best results at the most competitive cost.
Bui Power Authority is seeking to recruit OPERATING TECHNICIAN ENGINEERS to be part of the commissioning team of the Bui Hydroelectric Plant
To operate the generating units and auxiliary equipment at the Bui Hydroelectric Plant with the purpose of producing power (active & reactive) so that generation will match specified supply
- To run an 8 – hour shift per day, during which period you will be required to log all operating activities for the attention of the Supervisor
- To monitor performance of units and auxiliaries and report any malfunctioning to maintenance group for trouble shooting
- To conduct daily/weekly/monthly inspection of the plant and equipment
- To isolate equipment including provision of station guarantee, to enable maintenance personnel safely work on the equipment and return it safely to service
- To replace burnt indicating bulbs of meters, cutting panels etc
- To provide in parts for the preparation of sectional budget
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering/EET or MET Part 3 from a reputable tertiary institution
- Should have very good communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and supervisors and also produce good daily and monthly activity reports
- Should be a team player
- Ability to work under pressure and at odd and extended hours
- Ability to interpret and apply the Health and Safety Policy on construction, operations and maintenance
- Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to apply:
Interested candidates should: Email applications and CVs to: [email protected] .
- All documents should be in Microsoft word doc format
- Your Email must bear the subject “OPERATING TECHNICIAN”
- Only email application responses would be accepted
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing: 25th March 2011