The Governing Council of Cape Coast Polytechnic announces that the post of Rector of the Polytechnic is vacant.
- The Rector is the Academic and Administrative Head and Chief Disciplinary Officer of the Polytechnic and thereby exercises general disciplinary functions over both staff and students in accordance with the Status and Regulations of the Polytechnic. He/she is responsible to the Council.
- The Rector is responsible for the Academic and Administrative functions of the Polytechnic. He/she is to promote excellence in higher education and offer high level academic leadership.
- He/she is to initiate new directions and strategies for the academic development of the Polytechnic and for implementing the Corporate Strategies Plan of the Polytechnic.
Terms of Appointment:
The appointment which is full time, shall be four (4) years in the first instance, and may be subject to renewal for two (2) years only in accordance with the Statutes of the Polytechnic and the Law and the Acts establishing the polytechnics
The salary and conditions of service attached to the position are very attractive
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a minimum qualification of Ph.D in the fields of Engineering, Applied Sciences or Social Sciences; a professional or its equivalent status from a recognized tertiary institution will be an added advantage
- Must have a proven capacity to motivate, manage and direct staff
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have wide experience and knowledge in tertiary education administration
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the Polytechnic for academic and professional development
- Must have capacity to raise funds and other resources for research and development activities of the Polytechnic
- Must have at least ten (10) years working experience in the senior management level in a tertiary or analogous institution
- Must be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment, circumspect and above reproach
- Must be able to serve at least four (4) years before attaining the retirement age of sixty (60)
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents:
- An application letter
- Curriculum vitae, including the names, postal and e-mail addresses of three referees
- A 2-page write-up on “My Vision for Cape Coast Polytechnic as a Tertiary Institution;”
- Photocopies of certificate(s) and other relevant documents
Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF RECTOR, CAPE COAST POLYTECHNIC” should reach the following address:
SEARCH COMMITTEE FOR RECTOR
C/O THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION
P. O. BOX MB 28
Candidates should request their referees to write directly to the Chairman of the Search Committee at the same address above.
Closing: 21st July, 2011