The Project Facilitators will oversee the Pilot Testing Nutrition Products Delivery Systems at the Base of the Pyramid (BoP) and will be required to facilitate the delivery of the nutrition products at the pilot communities in East Mamprusi, Ashanti and the Brong Ahafo Regions. This includes giving technical support to Hubs and Village Based Enterpreneurs (VBEs) who will be directly involved in the distribution of the nutrition supplement, but also support and supervise the activities of community healthy volunteers (CHVs).They will also be responsible for monitoring, collection and collation of data from VBEs, Hubs and CHVs. In particular, the Project Facilitators will provide support to VBEs to market and sell the nutrition supplement and keep records.
The Project Facilitators will report to the Acting Project Manager and will be based in Goaso and Langbensi with significant travels within Ashanti, Brong Ahafo and Northern Regions.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Facilitate a participatory analysis and implementation of the project
- Take active role in identifying and screening VBEs.
- Mobilize communities for nutrition education
- Provide technical support and training to all parties involved in the BoP delivery chain
- Track, coordinate and document all events/activities in order to enhance the model
- Support in the collection of information for impact measurement
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics, Rural Development, Business and Commerce, Nutrition or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in facilitating community processes
- Experience in working with women’s groups
- Good understanding of food security and community empowerment
- Good understanding of consumer interest and behavior in the implementing area
- Basic marketing/ entrepreneurial skills
- Practical experience with training techniques
- Computer skills that must include Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to speak the local languages (Twi/ Mampruli/ Dagbani)
- Commitment to and understanding of a process and livelihood approach to development
- Excellent professionalism, relationship building and communication skills
- Ability to build commitment of others and develop teams
How To Apply
Interested candidates should express their interest in writing to the Staff Development Assistant, CARE Ghana or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE THAT YOU ARE APPLYING FOR THE PROJECT FACILITATOR POSITION. Closing date for submission of applications is July 27, 2011. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
OUR DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH; WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, PARTICULARLY WOMEN, TO APPLY
Closing: 27 Jul, 2011